BB Frösch Makes Chalk Paint Powder
What does that mean? Well, our proprietary blend of all-natural ingredients mixes with ordinary latex paint to create creamy chalk paint that bonds to virtually all surfaces without prep. It is affordable and can be used to create a variety of finishes. In addition, it distresses beautifully, and, basically makes you feel like a rock star when you create amazing pieces of art without breaking the bank!
Affordable Alternative to Pre-mixed Chalk Paint
- Virtually no waste – you mix only as much paint as needed
- Mix with ANY brand/ANY color latex paint (a high-quality FLAT-FINISH paint is recommended for optimum results)
- Excellent coverage
NO Prep Work
- Sanding is not needed
- No need for primer
- Stripping previous finishes isn’t necessary
- Dusting or cleaning your piece with a mild soap before painting is recommended
100% All Natural Ingredients
- For eco-friendly painting, mix BB Frösch Chalk Paint Powder with no-VOC paint
- No unnecessary or harmful ingredients. Many DIY “chalk paint” recipes call for unsanded grout, Plaster of Paris or other similar compounds that contain ingredients not intended for painting applications. Such ingredients can be unpredicatable, and do not produce the same creamy, bonding, distressing properties as paint made with BB Frösch Chalk Paint Powder.
Creates a smooth, creamy, self-leveling paint that bonds to virtually everything, including:
- Previously varnished furniture
- Kitchen cabinets
YOU choose your paint thickness! So if paint is too thick for your liking, just thin by adding water. If your paint has been sitting on a shelf for weeks, or even months, and has thickened, just add water and stir! To achieve an impasto technique, or you just like thick paint, add more BB Frösch Chalk Paint Powder, or leave the lid off your paint for awhile.
Variety of finishes
Use the same techniques and finishes as you would with “boutique” chalk paint without the expensive price tag! >>Popular Finish Tutorials<<
- Smooth Modern
- Lime Wash/Color Wash
- Multi-color layering
- Be creative!
Distresses Easily and Beautifully
- A damp cloth for “wet” distressing on chalk paint that hasn’t been sealed yet
- 220-400 grit sandpaper after painting to lightly (or heavily, if that’s the look you’re after!) distress edges, corners, and other areas that receive typical wear and tear
- Use a fine grit sandpaper (600+) to smooth chalk-painted areas without distressing