To make 8 oz.:
- In a seperate container mix 2 heaping tablespoons* BB Frösch Chalk Paint Powder with 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons water until a “donut glaze” consistency is achieved. A small wisk or spoon works great. If the mixture is too pasty, just add a few drops of water until your donut glaze consistency is achieved.
- Pour 8 oz. (1 C)** FLAT FINISH paint into container and stir until chalk paint powder mixture is fully incorprated.
You are ready to paint!
*How much is a tablespoon?
The more chalk paint powder that is used, the thicker the chalk paint/water mixture will be, and the more your paint will thicken over time, but that’s okay! Simply add water if mixed paint becomes too thick.
It is better to err on the side of MORE powder than not enough, since the powder is what helps your paint bond.
In other words, you can’t go wrong!
**To make 1 qt.:
It is recommended to mix up just 8 oz. at a time for three reasons:
- Due to excellent coverage, many projects can be completed with just 8 oz. chalk paint
- It is easier to fully incorporate the chalk paint powder mixture in smaller batches
- Although mixed chalk paint stores indefinitely, why mix up more than you need?
Still want to mix more?
In a seperate quart-sized (or bigger) container, mix the contents of 1 small jar BB Frösch Chalk Paint Powder with 4 to 5 tablespoons water until a thick but creamy “donut glaze” consistency is achieved. Too pasty? Add water! Add FLAT FINISH paint and stir until chalk paint powder mixture is fully incorporated. Store any unused paint in an airtight container. If stored paint thickens, add water!